Thursday, November 19, 2009

Today is my birthday and I am 48.  (I said it.)  I was born at 3:03am in St. Agnes Hospital in Fresno, California to Velma and J.W. Spann and an older sister, Rhonda.  I weighed 8 pounds and 13 ounces.  Or is it 11 ounces?  Whatever.

Those are the stats.  Now for the good stuff.  I unabashedly LOVE my birthday!!!!!!!  Holidays are great.  Like Halloween, Valentine's, Thanksgiving (coming up soon) and of course Christmas.  But they're for everybody and your birthday is just for YOU.  

My mother and my sister know how to buy me presents.  How it is that men don't?  Seriously. They go out and spend some unGodly amount of money on clothing that doesn't fit and jewelry you don't like.  I appreciate the thought though.  Of course.  At least he doesn't buy me a vacuum.  But now I go shopping for myself and then I tell my hubby that he doesn't have to shop, I've taken care of it for him.  Its win, win.  He doesn't like to shop anyway.  I do.  And I get what I want.

My present from David is to FINALLY get to come to one of his basketball games.  This is the 7th game and he has not wanted us to come to any of them.  He doesn't really want us at this one either, but its hard to say "no" to a birthday request.  

He says its "too much pressure" when we watch him.  But we're not judging.  Hell, I can't even shoot a basketball and his father only played in junior high and, according to him, played badly.  And we're not the kind of parents who feel ashamed when their kid isn't the team star.  But anyway, I've got my possibly ONE chance to see him play, and you can rest assured, I will be armed with my camera.  Scrapbookers GOTTA have pics!

After that, is dinner out.  Also a good present.  P.F. Changs is sounding pretty good and its not far out of the way home from Berthoud where the basketball game is.  Even better is , I can't remember the name, the Italian place on Harmony in Fort Collins.  But that's probably an extra 45 minutes of driving and Dave will need to get home and do his schoolwork.  The place I REALLY love, is Bucca di Beppo in Westminster.  But that is WAY too far.

The first present I'd really love though, is relief from this stupid, nagging migraine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment